About the Company
Established in Singapore in 2009 by a former Google Engineer, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world leading Muslim mobile application with over 75 million downloads and used in over 200 countries. Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
About the Job
The position is based at our Singapore office which is located along Orchard Road, in the heart of the City-State. You’ll be joining a young and dynamic team of people. English is the working language at the office.
Working closely with our internal team as well as external stakeholders including accountants, auditors, shareholders and financial advisors, you’ll be in charge of all the finance related matters in the company.
As a Finance Manager you’ll take a pro-active role in the definition of the budgets and forecasts for the company, analysing the performance of the business units and reporting the data to the management.
You’ll be creating and enforcing standard operation procedures (SOP) to streamline the flows between our entities in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta. You’ll also be driving the continuous improvement of business operations and ensure suppliers are timely paid.
- Liaising with our internal teams and external stakeholders including accountants, auditors, shareholders and financial advisors
- Drive forecasts, budget management, strategic planning process and standard management reporting.
- Provide analytical insight and influence decisions on P&L and efficient use of resources as well as performance dashboards.
- Advice the management team on key financial metrics and ways to improve financial efficiency.
- Be accountable for control of risk, scalability, and efficiency of the operations.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements for accounting records, tax regulations and any other relevant regulations.
- Support the day-to-day operations by providing visibility into the performance of the business.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field / possesses professional accounting qualification ACCA/CIMP/CPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience; preferably in a start-up or growing tech company.
- Experience in working with diverse international teams and a variety of stakeholders, familiar with corporate finance & equity fundraise
- Strong Excel skills required; experience with data visualization tools would be preferred.
- Meticulous with analytical and organisational skills, and ability to develop and implement new guidelines and procedures for a fast-growing company