About the company
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers in South-East Asia (100 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users).
Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world leading Muslim mobile app. Headquarter in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race and religion and our current team includes people from 10 different countries across our three offices in the region.
About the job
As a qualified Paralegal, your duties is to oversee the legal aspect of the business. You will safeguard the Company reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all the relevant issues.
- Give accurate and timely counsel / advice in a variety of legal topics such as business contracts, labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with the head of legal and finance to devise efficient defence strategies to be presented to management and the board of directors.
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
- Review the existing policies, contracts and agreements.
- Maintain an archive of previous, existing, and future policies, contracts, agreements, and other forms of legal documents.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, resolutions, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications if required. Minimum qualifications:
• Proven experience as a Paralegal in business environment.
- 1 – 2 years of working experience as a Paralegal.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporate.
- Demonstrate ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Good communication skills.
- Min BSc degree in Law (specialty in contract law preferred).
- Salary range: $3,500 – $3,750.