About Bitsmedia Group:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers in South-East Asia (100 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world leading Muslim mobile app. Headquarter in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race and religion and our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different countries across our three offices in the region.
Responsible for the strategic direction of Muslim Pro’s content, to determine the look and feel of the digital publication, decide what to publish and oversee the publication’s operations and policies. This includes managing a team of internal and external writers, reviewing content, contributing to editorial pieces, setting styling guidelines, and managing day to day operations
- Proficiency at developing and managing editorial strategies and calendars, identifying areas of interest for target consumer segments and utilizing analytics to optimize content performance
- Produce and edit text, photo, video, and interactive content for the venture, including creating original editorial
- Diplomatically coordinates with and edits the work of other writers and contributors to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality of digital publication.
- Publishes fresh, quality App and Web-based graphics, video and audio and interactive content that supports organisation missions, goals and objectives
- Establishes the journalistic style and voice of publication.
- Build and manage a team of freelance editorial contributors, including working directly with talent for appropriate contributions and originals
- Maintains the quality of all online information within the app, website, pages, or social media accounts of a the company
- Coordinates with the App and Web production team (app engineering team, technical web developers and content managers) in developing the information architecture and design layout of the Content within App and Web
- Manage the day-to-day publishing, production, related workflows including budgets for all content areas of the venture’s digital platforms to ensure that offerings and associated metadata are timely, relevant, accurate and compelling
- A degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ creating content, overseeing editorial assignments, and managing publishing processes across web and mobile platforms
- Experience overseeing a team of editorial contributors
- Excellent writing skills, with a strong sense of how editorial builds community
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and with a high attention to detail