About the company
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest mobile app publishers in South-East Asia (100 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users).
Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world leading Muslim mobile app. Headquarter in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race and religion and our current team includes people from 10 different countries across our three offices in the region.
About the job
The UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. You are also able to collaborate with the cross-functional product team from the start to the launch of a final product by focussing on delivering an attractive and effective user interface and experience across the app’s platform, features and tools.
- Formulating user flow for entire organization’s reference
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Communicating scenarios (User Stories), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other stakeholders working on a product
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
- Perform competitor analysis to ensure competitive advantage is maintained
- Work with product team to develop insights and derive strategies for key features
- Maintain a user-centric approach in design perspective and practice
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Help stakeholders visualise an entire storyboard surrounding each feature
- Identify and implement latest industry practices around UX
- Finding and proposing new ways for old behaviours to be improved on
- Understanding the audience we serve and their requirements
- Work closely with Product team and Designers from ideation to execution phase
- Assist engineers in understanding the overall flow
- Work with team to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product
- Adopt individual best practices for different platforms
- At least 2 years of experience in UI/UX Design role with a strong portfolio that demonstrate your capabilities
- A strong working knowledge of wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Creative thinker with excellent design sense, strong visualization skills and good portfolio in mobile and web graphic design
- Able to independently conduct user research and usability testing with good knowledge of existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Use of visual cues to elaborate design principles and thought processes applied to a user flow
- Prior experience in any of the following Sketch App / Flinto / Adobe XD / InVision / Proto.io / Figma
- Enthusiasm for designing and making great interfaces and experiences is essential
- Experience designing and developing online marketplace, classifieds or
e-commerce platform is a big plus
- Good experience in human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design;
- Knowledge of web-based technologies (HTML5 & CSS) and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions